About Michael Landrigan
Michael is a business professional with over 36 years experience in finance, working as a Controller, Vice President of Finance and Administration, Chief Financial Officer and as a B2B CFO®. His industry background includes marketing, manufacturing, plastic injection molding, consumer electronic products and construction. He has worked in small to medium size private companies working with entrepreneurs. He understands their thought process and is able to provide them with experienced insight. Mike has participated in both the purchase and sale of companies. He is skilled in developing financial plans that lead to success through the use of clear strategies and measurable objectives.
An outstanding project leader, Mike has been very active in project activities such as software implementation, Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, QS-9001, Sales and Operations Planning; these activities have provided him with a firm foundation to help understand and communicate operational needs. As a businessman, Mike understands the fundamentals necessary for an organization to succeed.
Having worked for companies with extremely high growth, Mike has also been successful helping firms downsize during difficult economic conditions. In particular, he recognizes that the most important component for any company is cash. Mike has become skilled at developing models to help predict cash needs and forecast line of credit availability.
Experienced at integrating and consolidating software systems, Mike can help lead organizations transitioning from basic accounting systems to more complex or wholly integrated processes and software. In particular, he understands the needs of a growing business and knows how to develop the procedures, policies and controls necessary to protect company assets and improve financial reporting systems through organizational discipline.
Areas of expertise include:
- Cash Management
- Leading the strategic planning process
- Improved credibility of financial reports intended for external and internal stakeholders
- ERP system implementation
- Business Modeling
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Manufacturing standard costing systems
- Training of finance / accounting staff
- Effective leader of corporate initiatives like margin improvements, inventory reductions, and cost reductions
- Inventory Control
- Cycle Counting
- Management of IT and HR functions
- Managing Legal Liability
Mike holds a BS in General Management, a Master of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting as well as a Master of Business Administration from Indiana University. In addition, Mike earned his CPA certificate from the State of Indiana in 1983.
A life-long resident of Fort Wayne, Mike and his wife, Rebecca, have been married 35 years and live with 4 of their 6 children, still at home. In his spare time, he enjoys family activities, golf, coaching baseball and working with youth in their church.
- Indiana University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Master of Science in Business Administration
- Masters in Business Administration
- Indiana Certified Public Accountant Certificate
- Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce
Articles by Michael Landrigan
- Fort Wayne Has Talent
- Hoosier Medical Facillties Are World Class
- I’m Making Money, So Why Don’t I Have Any?
- Don't Think ERP Is Just Software
- How Do You Spend Your Time?
- Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
- Stop Taking Physical Inventories, Cycle Count
- Not Knowing Your Costs, Can Kill You!
- Don't Ignore the Tax Consequence!
- Like a Good Marriage, It Takes Commitment!
- You Get What You Measure!
- Close the Loop!
- Listen to the Customer, Everybody Wins!
- CFO or Soothsayer?