Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Fort Wayne, IN
Richard A Franco
Fort Wayne, IN CFO
30 Years of Experience
Indiana University - MBA
Certificates & Licenses:
Bachelors in Accounting
Indiana CPA - Inactive
Indiana CPA Society
Contact Richard Franco and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Richard is a business professional with over 27 years of broad-based experience in financial and operational management, working as a Controller, Vice President of Finance, Associate Director, and Chief Financial Officer. Richard has worked in a variety of industries including heavy/highway, financial advisory, orthopedics, medical device job shop manufacturing, and agriculture/automotive job shop manufacturing. He has worked in small to large organizations with a variety of ownership structures such as private equity, SEC (International), family, and ESOPs. Richard considers himself a business man first and an accounting professional second. He has extensive experience in accounting, finance, information technology, risk management, and human resources and has the ability to identify problems, develop effective solutions, and reduce operating costs.
Richard's diverse industry experience includes managing in difficult economic conditions, high growth periods, low margin industries, and tight labor markets. Experienced in integrating and consolidating software systems, Richard can help lead organizations transitioning from basic accounting systems to more complex or wholly integrated processes and software. In particular, he understands the needs of a growing business and knows how to develop the procedures, policies, and controls necessary to protect company assets and improve financial reporting systems through organizational discipline.
Areas of expertise:
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Restructuring
- Business Transition - Acquisition, Divestment, ESOP and related integration
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Inventory reduction
- Cost control
- Job Cost
- Margin Improvement
- Inventory Control and Cycle Counting
- ERP system implementation, consolidation and utilization
- Management and training of IT staff
- Benefit Plans
- Management and training of Human Resource staff
- Corporate insurance
- Operational risk
- Manage legal liability
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Modeling
- Improved credibility of financial reports intended for external and internal stakeholders
- Management and training of Accounting staff
Richard brings a unique financial perspective to the business. He understands that financial reporting, analysis, and control are necessary means to achieving the desired results of maximizing profitable growth, with minimum investment, at reasonable risk, to maximize ownership value. He develops financial tools that are easily understood, in the context of the business for business leaders.
Richard holds a BS in Accounting, and a Master of Business Administration from Indiana University. In addition, Richard earned his CPA certificate from the State of Indiana in 1988.
A resident of Northern Indiana for over 34 years, Rich and his wife, Jo, have been married 34 years and live with one of their three children. In his spare time, he enjoys giving back to the community by serving on a couple of nonprofit boards, running, coaching soccer, and participating in family activities.