Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Indiana
Westfield, IN CFO
39 Years of Experience
Indiana University - MBA (Accounting emphasis)
DePauw University - BA, Economics major
Certificates & Licenses:
CPA (Illinois - non-practicing) '80, CCM '90
Association of Financial Professionals of Indiana
FENG - Financial Executives Networking Group
Contact Peter Ritz and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Pete is an energetic, broad-based financial professional with over 30 years of experience and a history of leadership and excellence. Pete has a passion for helping to bring a business owner's vision to reality with integrity and transparency. After beginning his career at Arthur Andersen in Chicago he went on to serve in a variety of management roles including CFO, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Division Controller, Corporate Accounting Manger, and Audit Officer. These roles were in private and public companies that ranged in size from start-up to Fortune 500. His industry experience includes technology, personnel staffing, government, distribution, long term care, engineering, banking and public accounting.
Some of Pete's key career accomplishments include:
- As CFO, building a completely new financial infrastructure in anticipation of outside investment. This included creating a regular monthly closing process, a weekly company dashboard, a comprehensive four-year forecasting model and guiding the company through its first audit. This audit produced a clean opinion on time and on budget.
- As CFO, creating the financial infrastructure in a start-up company that helped the company grow ten times during his tenure. This included extensive interaction and reporting to an outside venture capital investor.
- Leading a major accounting system transition.
- Leading the negotiations for large bank loan syndications.
- Coordinating two refunding bond issues with the Indianapolis Airport Authority. Both issues included the termination of interest rate swaps, extensive cash flow analysis, and presentations to bond rating agencies that maintained the A1/A ratings.
- Creating and documenting policies and procedures for the financial oversight of the Indianapolis Airport Authority's private contractor.
- Establishing complex centralized cash and debt management systems.
- Managing a fixed income portfolio with returns that consistently beat its benchmark.
- Bringing significant insurance savings to one of Indiana's largest private companies.
- Serving on the investment committee for a $125 million investment portfolio. This included all oversight of outside managers plus the reporting and benchmarking of portfolio results.
- Developing a comprehensive long-term multi-facility forecasting model for a publicly traded retirement center developer.
Pete received his undergraduate degree in economics from DePauw University. He went on to earn his MBA from Indiana University with an emphasis in accounting. He holds a CPA certificate from the State of Illinois and is a Certified Cash Manager. He and his wife Verlyn live in Westfield, Indiana. He has three grown step-children and six step-grandchildren. In his spare time Pete is involved in many activities at his church. He enjoys playing bass guitar as well as running. He also serves on the board and finance committees of two local non-profit organizations.