Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Indiana
Kenneth J. Knapik, CPA
Carmel, IN CFO
34 Years of Experience
Bachelors - University of Toledo
MBA - Capital University, Columbus, OH
Certificates & Licenses:
FENG - Financial Executives Networking Group
Contact Kenneth Knapik and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Ken is a senior executive with 25 years of broad based financial management experience. His industry background includes manufacturing, consumer products distribution, construction, and transportation. He has worked in private equity, international, family, and ESOP owned companies. Ken has moved companies to financial success through adept cash management, targeted cost reductions, and operational efficiencies.
Today, Ken is the CFO / trusted advisor for a number of small and mid-market businesses in Indianapolis, IN and surrounding areas, where helps business owners with all aspects of financial and operations management. Ken is focused on helping companies improve profitability / cash flow, and increasing the value of the businesses. Areas of expertise include:
- Cash improvement programs
- Cash forecasting / modeling
- Business re-engineering to improve profitability
- Loan re-financing
- Business plans and strategic planning
- Improving transparency - includes systems to identify profitability by customer, job, project, SKU
- ERP system implementation
- Improvement of manufacturing, job cost, and project costing systems
- Mentoring of accounting / finance staff
- Cost reductions and implementation of budgets / spending controls
- Turnaround actions and strategies
Prior to joining B2B CFO®, Ken was the CFO of a rapidly growing $100 million manufacturer, where he improved cash flow $500,000 by establishing credit policies and procedures, lead a corporate initiative to reduce inventory and improve inventory accuracy, redesigned the standard cost system to help balance production at two manufacturing facilities, and provided post acquisition training and integration of a new subsidiary company. Ken also served as CFO of a $35 million multi-location distributor / retailer where he led cost reduction programs which saved $750,000 annually, and implemented an ERP system which reduced costs an additional $100,000 per year. Previously, Ken was the Controller of a $15 million medical device manufacturer where he led a 12 person team to upgrade the company’s manual systems into a fully integrated ERP system. Finally, Ken was the CFO of a $50 million truck / trailer dealership where he cleaned up the financial records, reconstructed the year end balance sheet, and received an unqualified audit opinion which allowed the company’s financing to remain in place.
Ken brings passion, energy, and enthusiasm to the business. He is a proven problem solver, and an effective communicator to all levels of the business. Ken is equally effective working ‘hands on’ with the staff or strategically with the owners.
Ken earned his Bachelors degree in Accounting from the University of Toledo, and an MBA from Capital University in Columbus, OH. Ken began his career with a Big 4 public accounting firm. During his seven year career in public accounting, Ken served many clients as an auditor and then later as a Tax Manager. Ken and his wife Marian reside in Central Indiana. They have three grown daughters who live in the Midwest. In their spare time, Ken and Marian are active in church activities, enjoy family visits, and traveling.