Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Indiana
Jeffrey C. Farren
Indianapolis, IN CFO
25 Years of Experience
University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
MBA with Specialization in Finance
Kelley School of Business
BS in Finance
Certificates & Licenses:
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Network
Association for Financial Professionals of Indiana
Contact Jeffrey Farren and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Jeff is a creative, energetic leader of high-growth companies. He has a proven track record as both a CEO and CFO, with over 26 years of experience with small and medium-sized companies. Jeff began his career in commercial lending where he specialized in acquisition financing and management buyouts of privately held middle-market companies. His goal is to use his passionate leadership style, superior communication and company building skills to assist business owners increase the value of their own enterprises. He helps CEOs leverage the most valuable resource: time.
Jeff's industry background includes investment real estate, property management, construction management, financial services, loan underwriting and servicing, property/casualty insurance, collection agency, home improvement and repair services, travel and hospitality, in-bound and out-bound call centers and customer service, commercial and residential real estate development, commercial mortgage brokerage, asset-based lending, commercial banking, manufacturing and distribution.
As a veteran CEO, Jeff serves business owners as a trusted and valuable advisor by drawing on his own experience as well as his financial skills; he has walked in their shoes and understands the demands on their time and resources. Jeff assists the CEO by developing strategic and tactical plans and following through to monitor the execution by the company. Jeff achieves this via successful business process design, financial tools, and methodologies supporting continuous improvement.
Especially during a challenging economy, CEOs need to focus on three priorities:
- Core business and most profitable activities
- Cash Flow to fund operations
- Access to Capital for growth
Jeff advises his clients by providing the CEO with a prism to view the core business and to allow him or her and the other operational leaders to focus their energy in the most productive "front-line" areas. Jeff then leads the "staff" functions of financial reporting, forecasting and analysis to ensure the company has improved cash flow plus continuous and professionally managed access to capital.
Areas of expertise include:
- Experienced Serial Entrepreneur
- Leadership of High Growth Companies
- Capital Raising, including Private Placements of Unregistered Securities
- Bank and Lender Relationship Management
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Business Plan Creation and Execution
- Financial Reporting, designing processes to improve timeliness and accuracy
- Financial Metrics and Gap Analysis
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling
- Annual Budget Creation
- Cash Management
- Management of Tax Engagements by outside CPAs
- Resource Allocation
- Sales-Force Planning, Training and Management
- Management of IT and HR functions
- Position Profiling and Hiring of Finance and Accounting Professionals
- Staff Training and Development
- Team Building and Incentive Compensation Plan Creation
- Risk Management
- Insurance Procurement
- Asset-based lending structures and transactions
- Acquisitions, roll-ups and related financing
- Call Center Management and Metrics
Jeff has earned two degrees in Finance. He received a BS in Finance from the Indiana University - Kelly School of Business in 1985, and a Master of Business Administration with a Specialization in Finance from the University of Chicago - Booth School of Business in 1990.
Jeff and his wife, Cindy, have five children and one grandson. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, attending sporting events, and coaching baseball.