- Starting too Complex: Start with the simple, but critical metrics.
- Metrics nobody understands: Information needs to be clearly understood by a fourth grader.
- Cluttered with unimportant graphics: There is power and beauty in simplicity.
- Waiting on big business intelligence projects: Some data is better than none at all. And it will never be perfect.
- Underestimating the time it takes to maintain: Remember, garbage in…garbage out!
- Failing to match metrics to goals: If data isn’t actionable & relevant to goals, what’s the point?
- Using poorly designed graphics and charts: It won’t be useful if not properly designed. See 5 Best Practices above!
I help business owners by delivering actionable data to support better business decisions. Interested in learning more? Contact me at 317-513-4016 or email@example.com.